Has anyone taken Zoloft for depression while pregnant?

After battling depression for over a month, I decided to see my doctor about it. I am 25 weeks pregnant and the doctor prescribed Zoloft. Has anyone taken this while pregnant, and did it make you feel better?

andrea5979

Asked by andrea5979 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would never take any drugs while pregnant. none are safe, and there are too many side effects for you- who knows what it will do to the baby? i did take anti-depressants at one point, and they made me worse than how i was before i was on them. and forget about it if you miss a dose- it was pure hell!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I don't know why doctors would prescribe something if it wasn't safe, as far as it making you feel better I have no personal experience, so I don't know but all you can do is try it and see.
    Anonymous

• I've been on Zoloft for three years and I can't imagine life without it. I'm only on 50mgs and it makes a huge difference. My doctor said it is safe to be taken during my pregnancy. It's Paxil that is so dangerous. Good luck!
    MommaSunshine26

Answer by MommaSunshine26 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• In response to the first answer-it is also not good for baby being depressed during pregnancy. Depression can cause stress to baby and can also cause side effects-so all options have to be weighed.
    I was completely against it at first-but obviously you have never been to that point where it is effecting your whole life.
    andrea5979

Answer by andrea5979 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2009