Is it possible to have meningitis and only have a fever of 99.7?

or would it be higher?
ive been having a sore neck/fever for about a week and a half, tops 2 weeks.. is there anyway to tell you really have it before going to the er

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Health

• if you even think you have it you need to see a dr asap thats not something you wana just sit aorund and wait and see on. get your butt to the dr.
    Anonymous

• People die from meningitis. The fever is usually very high. If you've had meningitis for 2 weeks you'd be dead or in a coma.
    Anonymous

• Meningitis can have a low fever of 101/102.

When I had mono my head felt like a bowling ball and my neck was very stiff. Also, there are two types of meningitis, viral and bacterial (more serious). It is possible that you could have viral and it not be serious enough to be hospitalized; it often remains undiagnosed and is easily confused with the flu.

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2009