What would be a proper way to handle this

My 15 year old dd was suspended for a couple days,for a few minor infractions,I'm not going into details.She is grounded to the house until she goes back,if I send her back.. Anyways she got home and everyone was texting her on her facebook and she called me later at work really upset. The teacher decided to mock my dd and told everyone in the class that she was going nowhere and that she is going to be homeless and poor for the rest of her life. My daughter has her mind set to be a brain surgeon and wants to live a good life. She does well academically. Anyways I feel it was very immature for the teacher to do that to my daughter especially when it's noones business. Those kids don't need a teacher putting down another student. I'm trying to find a way to get her into a home school. I was told that I can get thrown in jail for even attempting to home school her. The online courses I've looked into are all "illegal". This is what I was told,,so if it's false I'd sure love a heads up!
I'm working at night and sleep in the day so I would be home,and the tv's would be off so she could work. However I'm not set up to teach her nor am I capable,,I haven't even graduated school myself. I feel like home school would be best for her. I read somewhere that I have to make a request to my school district for home school and that it's their decision if they will let me keep her home. I might go to the news station and have a story about the whole damn problem I'm quite unhappy about the way things are going. I hate public schools period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2012 in

• so, if you can PROVE it is being said make it huge, if its just hearsay, then what can you do especially if your child really did do what she is accused of. Words get twisted, treat carefully but defend her regardless, teachers should not dicuss that stuff with students.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2012

• Why is she on facebook when she's suspended? You are condemning a teacher based on what your suspended daughter says is being said?  If you don't realize how drama-set 15 year old girls are by now...Set up a conference.  It sounds as if your daughter is heading down a bad road.  It would help if we knew what she was suspended for.  Was it directly connected to this teacher?  Did it involve contact with another person?  

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2012

• Homeschooling laws in Utah

Have a conference with Principal regarding allegations.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2012

• i'd call the school and set up a conference with the teacher and confront her about it. as far as homeschooling? idk...bump!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2012

• well, teachers are human too and make stupid choices sometimes. I once got suspended and arrested at school for being on drugs yet there were no drugs. We of course had to do blood tests that day. While we were at the doctor hearing how if the school had waited much longer to call my parents I could have ended up hosptalized due to my blood sugar being 13 scary low- thus the glazed over eyes and begging to go get a drink and stumbling etc.

the teacher who told the office I had to be on drugs told all the classes that I was one of the ones people should look out for, the sweet quiet ones who are really just trash and would eventually get them caught up in my drug use...........i guess he forgot my younger brother was in his class- we had different last names- my brother went nuts on him then called my dad.

the teacher was made to publicly apologize in general assembly once I went back (cont)
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:12 AM on Oct. 26, 2012

• I live in Utah so far all I know is I have to get permission through the school district. I personally think that's bullshit.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2012