John Sununu has injected race into Colin Powell's endorsement of President Obama. What do you think? Still think race is not an issue in the Presidential race?

CNN’s Piers Morgan asked the cantankerous surrogate for Republican nominee Mitt Romney what he thought about the former secretary of state’s endorsement and whether he should leave the Republican Party because of it. Here’s what he said.

Sununu: Frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether that’s an endorsement based on issues or whether he’s got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama.

Morgan: What reason would that be?

Sununu: Well, I think when you have somebody of your own race that you’re proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• That was very irresponsible....who trusts Sununu anyway? He doesn' t have a record of being credible. Powell's reasons were logical. Sununu is not logical or trustworthy.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• for some ppl this is about race...if thats all they care about they are stupid.

if im not mistaken Powell said (last election) that his endorsement for Obama came from his feelings of dismissal from the Bush Administration and the GOP. he felt screwed over that he was told there were WMDs when there werent.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• I do not think race is a factor in Powell's decsion to support Obama. It was very appauling to hear remarks made by McCain who said Powell was irresponsible to publically support Obama. Yet McCain came out to support the Republicans who made remarks about rape. That was irresponsible. I am certain a former general is not going to simply say I disagree with everything you are doing policy wise but I will vote only on skin color. Powell still identifies as a Republican. He happens to think in this election Obama would be a better choice on the issues he is looking at. It does not make him less of a Republican. It makes him an independent thinker.
    Anonymous

• What do I think? I think he is entitled to his opinion.

Do I still think race isn't an issue in this election? Sure it is, but not only from one perspective.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• I think it was ignorant. Race should not be a part of the elecetion but it is.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 5:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2012

• Race is going to continue to be an issue as long as every talking head keeps making it into one.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2012