Anyone ever had hernia surgery?...

I have to have surgery next wednesday, i have an incarcerated hernia, and theyre going to free the hernia but not completely remove it from my body, i am scared!! ive never had surgery other than my c-section..

HaviksMum

Asked by HaviksMum at 4:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Health

• when i had my gallbladder removed they had to fix a hernia in my belly button (they had to make an incision there anyway!) i about cried before i went into surgery, but actually, the doctor put the "sleepy drugs" into my IV, asked me a question, and before we had left the pre-op room i was out and had NO idea! i woke up in pain b/c of the gas they used to "inflate" my stomach, but that was for the purpose of the gallbladder. i'm sure you will be just fine!!! i did all this 3 weeks after i gave birth!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2009