I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRL THAR IM HAVEING A HARD TIME GEWTTING OFF THE BOTTLE SHE IS ALSO STILL IN PAMPERS I NEED HELP

SHE IS VERY SPOILED IM HOME WITH HER ALLDAY LONG I DON'T WORK BECAUSE I HAVE CANCER SO SHE'S ONLY AROUND ME I HAVE TO CARRY HER EVERY WHERE WE GO BECAUSE SHE DON'T WANTS TO WALK SHE IS 40IBS IM WEAK FROM CHEMO IF SHE DON'T GET HER WAY SHE MAKES HERSELF SPIT UP SHE ALSO LIKES TO BITE

littlereds2009

Asked by littlereds2009 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You have many problems and you should tackle them one at a time. Toddlers don't like change and respond best when it's slow - not an all-at-once thing.
    Let her throw a fit when she doesn't get her way. It won't hurt her. Even if she throws up, so what? She needs to learn to handle those strong emotions, to deal with disappointment and anger.
    Decide on a punishment method and stick to it. When she bites, punish her. A typical punishment is a 2 minute time-out. Plop her somewhere boring and make her stay there until time is up. And time doesn't start until she is calm. If she pitches a fit that lasts for half hour - let her. Once she's calm, her 2 mintues of punishment start.
    If she wants to follow you, great! She has legs and you are harming both you AND HER by carrying her everywhere. Physical activitiy stimulates brain growth. Get that brain growing! Get her legs moving!
    Tackle potty training and bottles after that.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i agree wiht the answer above mine. there's spoiled and then there's rotten. start laying down those rules. can you imagine her as a teenager?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2009