Christmas gifts

My daughter is going to be 5 and Im wondering how many presents do you get your young child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2012 in Holidays

• I saw something that said: 3 gifts - something to read, something to wear and something fun. (I think)
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• I think it depends. This year DD will be getting 4 big ones, then a few outfits, maybe some books, and of course small toys in the stocking stuffer. DS is younger and will probably only get 2 big ones and a few outfits and books and such, plus his birthday is also right before Christmas. It will seem like he is getting more, but really it's Birthday/Christmas.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• Sassy, what are you are talking about is the 4 rule. Something they need, something they want, something they wear, something they read.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• I get him what I can afford usually. That changes every year.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• I say the number is NOT important. Heck sometimes I stick about four outfits in one box or bag. Spend what you can afford and don't worry about the quality.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• We don't spend a lot. My dd will be 5 in November, so she gets plenty between the two. We usually just pick up stuff we think she'll be interested in, plus stocking stuffers.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• the one gift the kids can rely on is they will be getting books under the tree. i try to get them about 10 books a piece and this year they are going to be lucky to get three things they want.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2012