Baby Gender....

okay i find out the gender of my little alien in ten days on the 20th i'm really nervous i want a girl but i think it's going to be a boy has anyone ever felt like they won't accept the baby if it isn't what they get... i'm not saying thats going to happen but i'm just scared...

scared_mommy16

Asked by scared_mommy16 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wanted a girl really bad...well guess what? it's a boy and I am okay with that...sure I was a little dissapointed...but, the ultrasound showed all its parts..fingers, toes, etc...so that made me happy...you will be okay with it too...just remember...we may not always get what we want or ask for..but somehow the outcome is even better than we expected...Good luck...
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• no i loved my child regardless of what their sex ended up being im sure you will too :)
    Anonymous

• No, never really even thought about something like that.

I always wanted to have a girl. I got lucky and we got a precious little girl. But if it was a boy i would have loved it just as much as the little girl.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• lol! i wont deny it. Whenever i went in for an ultra sound, they couldn't tell!!! My lil girl was hiding her privates as best she could! But deep down i knew i was having a girl, although i did not know throughout my pregnancy. I had her name picked out & was already telling everyone it was a girl, even though i did not know for fact. I did think "what if I'm all wrong, what if it's a boy" and that scared me because i got myself so psyched for a girl, that i would not know how to react if it was actually a boy. It was funny because when she was born daddy yelled "its a boy" and i yelled "no its not" without even seeing. He mistook the umbilical chord for a penis....hahaha....i did indeed have a girl. But if i did have a boy, i'm sure i would have embraced that. But i REALLY wanted a girl, and i knew she was a girl from day 1.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• see i call my baby a girl and i say she is doing this and that and i don't think i could get used to saying he...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It's ok scared mommy. You'll find out soon enough. And ultra sounds are better now then when i did mine, so most likely you will be able to find out the sex. If it is a boy, you still have a long way to go to get used to that, and i'm sure you will embrace it. You will get used to it if that's the case.....I remember thinking the same thing as you. Mommies intuition knows best though, so there is a good chance it might be a girl if it comes natural to you to call her "she".
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i hope so i don't know what me and my bf will do he wants a girl too... and he calls my belly she too so does the rest of my family...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Gender preference was never on my mind. More important is the health of baby and you. There are benefits to either gender.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I was certain dd was a boy. POSITIVE. I wanted a boy, I obsessed over boy things, then, at 32 weeks, she FINALLY decided to show me that she was in fact a girl. I wasn't upset for a minute, and from then on, I couldn't wait to have my little girl. That little boy i so desperately wanted is now 18 months old, sleeping in a pink room, with a pink rug, a princess bed, & loves to have her hair and nails done. You'll love your baby no matter what the gender.
    LiviGracesmom

Answer by LiviGracesmom at 4:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I really wanted a baby girl and my partner wanted a boy. I got a bit upset just beofre finding out the scan as I just knew it would be a boy but when I saw my son and knew he was fit and healthy I fell in love even more than I had already and was just grateful he was ok :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009