Scared to move alone?

Am I really that big of a baby? I have an opportunity to move about 8 hours away and completely better my life and my childrens bec of work.. But I'm so scared to fail and to make my family mad that I'm just picking up and moving.. I hate that I have noone there for moral support!? Anyone else like this, what'd you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2012 in Money & Work

• No I have no moral support at all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• But your advice really made me smile and feel better! Thanks :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• Moving is scary! I think not taking this opportunity is scarier, though. You don't want to wonder "what if?" Pack up and move on to better things!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• I never thought of it that way. Great way to put it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• I am that way. I stick with jobs even when I am so tired of them because I get so scared of change and failing. I say go for it!!! If it's going to better your life there shouldn't be any doubt in your mind. Good luck and hope it works out for you and your children!! :0)
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It sure is scary, but like others have said, you don't want to say "what if" down the road. GL no matter what you decide!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 3:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• If it was a good opportunity, I would not hesitate to move. I am not close to my family though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• My family are no longer close either. I just really want their support I guess. :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• Well I did move at age 18 .... 3000 miles away for college. Then moved even further at age 20 to another country. I think you have to live your life in a way that is best for you . It is only 8 hours away.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Stop thinking that you can't do it and remember that you can. You've been flying this long with a net and it's been comfortable and safe. If you don't take away the net, then you won't have a real drive to succeed. Take this chance and do what you know you can.
    blondie805

Answer by blondie805 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2012