Scared to move alone?

Am I really that big of a baby? I have an opportunity to move about 8 hours away and completely better my life and my childrens bec of work.. But I'm so scared to fail and to make my family mad that I'm just picking up and moving.. I hate that I have noone there for moral support!? Anyone else like this, what'd you do?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2012 in Money & Work

• I am that way. I stick with jobs even when I am so tired of them because I get so scared of change and failing. I say go for it!!! If it's going to better your life there shouldn't be any doubt in your mind. Good luck and hope it works out for you and your children!! :0)

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• Moving is scary! I think not taking this opportunity is scarier, though. You don't want to wonder "what if?" Pack up and move on to better things!

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It sure is scary, but like others have said, you don't want to say "what if" down the road. GL no matter what you decide!

Answer by silverthreads at 3:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• If it was a good opportunity, I would not hesitate to move. I am not close to my family though.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• Stop thinking that you can't do it and remember that you can. You've been flying this long with a net and it's been comfortable and safe. If you don't take away the net, then you won't have a real drive to succeed. Take this chance and do what you know you can.

Answer by blondie805 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2012

• No I have no moral support at all

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• But your advice really made me smile and feel better! Thanks :)

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• I never thought of it that way. Great way to put it!

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2012

• My family are no longer close either. I just really want their support I guess. :/

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• Well I did move at age 18 .... 3000 miles away for college. Then moved even further at age 20 to another country. I think you have to live your life in a way that is best for you . It is only 8 hours away.

Answer by booklover545 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2012