Has anyone undergone a laporoscopic removal of an ovary?

I am undergoing this procedure this Monday and was wondering what to expect during surgery and recovery. I'm getting a little nervous as the surgery date approaches!

Thanks!!!

desertfairy

Asked by desertfairy at 4:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Health

• I haven't had an ovary removed, but did have laproscopic surgery to remove a blood-filled cyst from one and remove endometriosis. The surgery wasn't too bad. The worst part was dealing with all the gas afterward. They put air in your belly and that has to come out somehow. This kind of surgery is much easier to recover from than open surgery. You should be up and feeling pretty normal within a few days. Just take it easy for a couple weeks even if you are feeling well.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2009