what do you think about dental assistant?

I mean is the money actually descent? and im thinking about attending this 10 week school that they have for it.... whats your opinion?

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• 10 weeks and then you are an dental assistant? wow, that sounds like a piece of cake. i would do it :)

where i come from you have to go to training school for at least 3 years to become an dental assistant.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Go 4 it.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 4:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Dental Hygienist make more. It is more school but way better pay. Maybe you could become an assistant and then go to school for the hygienist.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I am a dental assistant- I went to a dental school for a year then took my dental assisting certification.. I make $15..... not that great. I have been doing it for a year now. started out at $13.. I would go for hygiene if you can find a school that you can get into.. I have been trying to get into hygiene- it is harder that getting into nursing!! I love my job though but the pay SUCKS for all that you have to do...
    Anonymous

• shoot wish i made 15 bucks an hour beats 10!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I was a dental assistant for 15 years, the pay sucks and you do all the work the dentist does not! If you want to make GREAT money go to massage therapy school I did that for a year and half and now I have an elite clientele and work as an advertising director!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2009