Who was in the room?!

Who was in the delivery room when you where in labor/delivery????
I know dr.s and nurses but what family friends? Was it a good experience with them??
My DH, MIL and mother want to be in there.

Chas21

Asked by Chas21 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my hubby and my mom. it was great! i would never let my MIL see my hoo-hoo like that, though!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• with my first, they allowed 2 people in with me, I had my mom & my now SIL

with my second, it was a different hospital and they allow as many people as you want in with you, they are very family oriented. but I just had my hubby :) same with #3
    Anonymous

• i had a scheduled c-section. So only one person was allowed. And that was my husband. My mom waited outside.

If i would have had a chance to give normal birth then i would have wanted my hubby AND my mom in the room. but i think thats more than enough.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• maybe i'm weird but mines going to be my boyfriend and my sister... if i do my mom then my step mom will want to be in there too and my soon to be MIL so i want my sister and boyfriend because they are nutral people...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Me, my hubby, the Dr. & my 2 midwives.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• first time hubby, my mom, & mil
    second time just hubby.
    Its really your choice.
    I think that it will just be hubby & me this time again- we enjoyed the experience alone a little better- not saying the first time was not good- just a bit crowded for me.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I found it to be very annoying when people came in the room when I was in labor. I had difficultly because my son did not want to come down, and when my in laws and mother told me to just relax it annoyed me even more. I suggest that you try it with the one person that helps you to relax. I know you might want to share the experience, b/c I felt the same way and then regretted it.
    js3mommy

Answer by js3mommy at 4:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yeah thats what im scared off but then again im scared to be alone. I have a feeling I may just end up telling them both my MIL and mom to get out lol.
    They dont get alone anyway and I have a feeling I will be annoyed easily because im so ill when Im in any kind of pain. Yeah they both ask me all the time if im still going to let them be in the room and I kinda feel bad if I say no b/c I know they just want to be a part of the experience.
    I guess I could try it and if they get on my nerves I will tell my Dh to get them out.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My husband & son's Godmother who is an L&D nurse. I know my mom will want to be there for our next baby, but gosh she stresses me out. I will truely have to think about who is invited in.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I said all along that I just wanted it to be me and my hubby but I ended up wanting my mom in there too and i let my mil come in as well she and my mom stayed by my head the whole time they were all great.
    lglorioso

Answer by lglorioso at 5:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2009