What is wrong with my computer?

When I start to download something, it starts great. Then out of nowhere the download freezes up. It says it is still downloading but no data is being transferred. Eventually it tells me the download has been "timed out.

My printer turns on I can copy and scan but when I send the command to print something NOTHING EVER happens. I have a KODAK EasyShare All-in-One 5100 (if I had the money I'd give it away and go get another one, it has been a pain since I bought the dang thing).

Are my settings off, I run Norton every Monday night for a full system scan and it says that everything is OK? Can you help me?

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 4:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• is your printer wireless or connected to your computer?

some downloads have time out features so it stops if it's taking too long. a lot of the hosting sites are what control that.

what type of internet connection do you have?

if your printer is wire less, I'd have to guess something is wrong with your wireless card/adapter.
    Anonymous

• My printer is not wierless, it is connected viva USB.

I have cable (I think) internet with a speed if 100 Mbps...
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 4:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• call the cable company about the internet connection to see if it's affecting your downloads. your internet connection has 2 speeds, one is the speed you can view things at, the other is your speed for downloading & uploading. sounds like the speed for downloading/uploading is being interrupted.

try reinstalling your printer drivers and see if that helps.

that's all I've got for advice other than new printer :)

HTH
    Anonymous

• I wonder if it could be that you need to disable your firewall? You shouldn't need to for printing, but I wonder if this is why your downloads are freezing.

Answer by Bmat at 4:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Call tech support. This isn't something that a bunch of ladies in a chat forum can fix. There are too many reasons why these things could be happening ranging from problems with your ISP to a print driver not being up to date. There also could be connection problems hardware of software conflicts. Just get in touch with tech support.
    Anonymous

• For the printer try reinstalling it. I have the SAME printer you do. completely uninstall then reinstall it. make sure it gets finalized before using it. if that don't work I would say it's the USB cable
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 9:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Ya I can tell you what is wrong with your puter... You got spyware... Go get Spysweeper, its used a lot by the Geeks of Best Buy.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 12:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• it could be spyware, perhaps your current version of anti-virus isn't picking it up for whatever reason. .
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• oh...and are you running VISTA???
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2009