'Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act'

Do you think that Congressman John Conyers keeps pushing for this bill because he is black? Furthermore, if he and his social activists are personally vested into this, do you consider this abusing his political power, especially since it has been denied time and time again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reparations_for_slavery

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.40:

There are of his fellow Democrats that sponsered this bill also, don't you think that there are bigger problems in the world today?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they should proposed an Act for Women. We were and still are slaves! ;)

but seriously, to this day, we STILL get paid less. something like 85 cents to every dollar a man makes?!? I'd have to look it up to be exact. But where are the reparations for this????
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Why has this issue been showing up so much on here lately? Is it just to start something? And if you think there are bigger problems we should address then why are YOU bringing it up here even? We all know this is going to go no where anyway so what's the point? I think you just want to start trouble...

Anonymous

• I just don't get it. I really don't. Can an AA mom PLEASE explain to me why some folks believe that they need reparations for something that didn't even happen to them?? My grandfather was Native American. The indians were treated FAR WORSE than the AA slaves, and you don't hear any of them wanting reparations, do you? In fact, some still live on the desolate, government-forsaken lands that were given to their ancestors, and they still don't want reparations. I wish that the people wanting a hand-out for something that happened 150 years ago would shut up. There are now (and always have been) people of all colors growing up in poverty... and many rise above it. A person just has to want it bad enough to sacrifice for something better.
    Anonymous

• There's going to be a "tax" for being white pretty soon.
    Anonymous

all white or just partial white..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 4:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Answered at 4:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 by: Anonymous
    There's going to be a "tax" for being white pretty soon.

LMAO!!!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• anon 4:33 - I posted this because there was a similar question earlier. I wanted to make a point about how LAME and over the top socialist democrats are being (Conyers and his 24 sponsors -all DEMOCRATS). They all keep trying to make this bill pass! what about CURRENT issues? The average person has no idea about this, therefore I feel obligated to let people know.

I have every right to question our politicians and what they represent - which in this case is extremely bogus!
    Anonymous

• OMG move one, if AA are given reperations over slavery there is nothing you can do about it. Seriously are you losing sleep over this topic?
    Anonymous

• "if AA are given reperations over slavery there is nothing you can do about it."

i beg to differ. I can do LOTS about it, and I'm sure others will.
    Anonymous

• I just have one question for you. If you were enslaved and forced to work for free, have your children separated from you and treated like an animals, wouldnt you want your grand children or great grandchildren to receive restitution for what you did? Honestly.
    Anonymous