Do you think it is ok to quit a job that isn't yet complete?

My job will not be complete until May but I have panic attacks every day and the night before. I want to quit so bad but I don't wan to be labelled as a quitter. This is my PT job. I have a FT job w/ bennies I will keep. There are others who can take on the job and be able to handle it better. I also have a lot to do at hm.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would quit if it begins to affect your regular full time job that you have benefits with. If you really do not need the money and it is causing you more harm then good, put in your two weeks notice.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• put in your 2 week notice and work all of it. that will put you on good terms and you won't be labeled a quitter. the notice gives them time to hire someone else and get them trained so that they aren't left short handed.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anonymous.
    Lizard1970

Answer by Lizard1970 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If you need the money you may want to suck it up and keep the job. If you don't need any additional money it give two weeks notice. Someone else could use the money.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you don't owe them anything. If it's affecting your health, be it mental or physical quit. Do you really think they can't find someone else.
    Anonymous

• Your health is the most important thing and nobody will take it into consideration but you. If someone else can do the job better, you are doing them a favor, aren't you?
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• original poster*****
    in a way, i would be doing them a favor for leaving, in a way not. it is one of those jobs that you don't get good at until you have done it a really long time. it takes lots of experience. they hire people in an effort to keep them a long time and make us very good at what we do.
    Anonymous

• You should apply for Voc Rehab. I had the same problem. Also they should be able to accomadate you if you dont want to quiy.

Anonymous