Need ideas for a 1o yr old

I just got done with a teacher meeting today, My son which is 10 yrs old and in 4 th grade. well the problem is tring to fig-out how to get him more moved with his studying, example my son would do like 4 problems and then he just gives up and marks down any answer on anything. i am hoping to get ideas to fix this problem? i will take any ideas that you have.

semiwife

Asked by semiwife at 4:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Talk to him and ask him why hes getting so discouraged, maybe he needs to burn off some energy when he first gets home, maybe he needs to do homework then get to play after that. Every child is diff, some need motivation. Try a quiet place in the house away from tv to do homework. Start a journalwith teacher, they write down assignments, you view and sign off each night until he can prove he'll do it on his own. Good luck!
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 5:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2009