Did anyone color their hair during pregnancy? Did you wait until after your first trimester?

beauty during pregnancy, hair color, first trimester

LiviGracesmom

Asked by LiviGracesmom at 4:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• doctors say too wait till at least your 4 months along for me i figured it would be best too just wait till after the baby was born my hair is just hair baby comes first
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 4:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yeah, wait as long as you can. also check out Aveda salons - their hair color is 99% natural.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I did, once or twice, my doc said it was fine, and searching online I found nothing to indicate it would have potential to be harmful.
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• oops forgot about the second part.. I do believe it was after the first trimester
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my dr says its fine to dye your hair even in the first trimester there is no evidence that it hurts baby at all, I dyed mine my hair dresser wont bleach my hair but thats it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I got my hair colored during my first trimester. My doctor and the hair salon lady said it was okay.
    Still I would ask my dr. to make sure.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Im a licensed cosmetologist, and IT DOES NOT HURT THE BABY AT ALL! no matter your tri mester, but if you are worried about the chemicals and stuff, im with the lady who said go with aveda, it is all natural. theyre products come from vegetables and plants... and just so you dont get nauteus from the fumes, try to color your hair in a really good ventilated area.. or just go get done at a salon.. :)
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 5:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Thank you Ladies!
    LiviGracesmom

Answer by LiviGracesmom at 5:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• yes i did and yes i waited even though doc approved it at any time.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ha, I colored my hair about 2 days before I found out I was prego... but at that point I was less than a month into my pregnancy... sorry. They do say you should wait until after your first trimester though.
    babyNme

Answer by babyNme at 6:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2009