what would you do ... or say... i know its coming ADVICE please Thanks!

so me and my dr sched an induction on monday 3 days after my due date

my Sos family is VERY into doing things the natural way. and in certain situations i agree with them. but this is MY decision and my SO is supporting me with it.

im just DREADING seeing my inlaws. i KNOW they will say something rude like they already have in the past...

"you better not CHOOSE her birthday!"
"do NOT let them induce you, thats so stupid"

theyve already told me things like this in the past when i barely even knew i was pregnant.

what would you do or say in that situation? i know its coming and i really dont even want to go near them because im dreading it lol..

thanks ladies.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could always pretend it just happened! Or you could just say that it is the way it is and mind thier own business
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• OMG!!! They are out of control girl, im sorry... But its not that u are choosing it, its just the time that is aval. and they should chill out, i just couldnt go anylonger he was hurting me to bad, if it comes down to it, just tell them the baby has to come that day, make something up, they are just jumping the gun...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i just wouldnt let them in the room to be honesty you have the right to not let them in. plus you could just tell them that its whats best for you and baby. if your dr didnt think it was the right thing he wouldnt be inducing you.
    tell them to mind their own buissness.
    Anonymous

• no i mean anytime before i even go into labor...

like if we talk to them, or they call here or something. ill have to face them. and they already know they arent going to be in the delivery room and they are fine with that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Sweetie you have to do what you wanna do, don't let inlaws try and tell you when to have your kids. I'm going through the same thing just about with my in-laws...we are having our 4th baby and my father-in-law is sort of upset because we are having another baby, but I'm like this, hell they had five children. But my Mother-in-law is excited so I'm like this if I want to have 10 kids (which I don't) lol I'm the one taking care of them, not the in-laws, ya feel me even though they watch them sometimes but that is because they want to, I don't ask them for nothing, I guess they feel that they will do it for me since I am married to their son, so Ifeel like it's actually doing him a favor instead of me, lol....In-laws are a trip sweetheart I'm hear to tell ya.
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You have to do what you and your dr think is best. Another thing you can try that may shut them up, is have the dr strip your membranes and stretch your cervix. My dr did that for me and a few hours later I was in labor, and I had my son the next morning. It hurt a bit to have it done, but it worked. and its technically not an induction, just helps the process alot, and then you don't have to spend the extra money for the induction drugs and so on :)
    imeddiesmommy

Answer by imeddiesmommy at 5:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Whenever my MIL opens her mouth to tell me i'm dumb or why she is right or say something offensive (which is pretty much whenever I see her lol) I just kind of let my eyes glaze over and make it complelty, painfully obvious that I am not even listening to her. We could be the only people talking in the room and I just tune her out until she is done. I don't have to say anything so she can't drag me into a fight or ruin my day. Just completly ignore them, smile, and call them when the little one arrives! Good luck. You are the one carrying the baby, your SO of course has an opinion as to what you do....but everybody else has ABSOLUTLY NO right to sway your decisions. Your body, your baby. Stand up for yourself girl :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Need to know basis. They don't need to know. So say nothing.

Heck. You might go into labor before then anyway. Don't go borrowing trouble. It has a lousy interest rate.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• what would they do if you where 42 wks prego and the doc said either i induce or c section its not you chooseing the bday cause i know alot of moms that where schelduled inductions and ended up not having to have any help oh and i would seriously ask them that question and see what they say
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009