VTech V-Smile vs. V-Smile Motion

I am trying to decide between these 2 products for my dds birthday. Any moms out there have them? How do you like them? I have heard reports of the V-Smile not working after awhile - we dont want that to happen! I am not that concerned about the internet access on the V-Smile Motion, so that is not a big selling point for me. Other than the price difference, they both appear to be basically the same. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

FL_momof2

Asked by FL_momof2 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We have had the V.smile for over a year now..almost daily use and have had no issues with it not working. I love that they think they are playing a game and it is interactive learning...best of both worlds for me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• We have the regular V-Smile. It does get fussy about working sometimes, but we've had it for 3 or 4 yrs now, so I wouldn't say it's a problem with the product, just an issue of time. My kids play it every day, and they love it. It's helped both of them a lot with learning, too.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i have the vsmile cyberpocket for my son. he loves it.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 5:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't buy any other v-smile product again for the rest of my life-or least, not until they improve the quality of what they make. My son had the v-smile-after a while, it didn't work. Then there was a short in the cord. Then we bought him the v-smile pocket, because he would be able to take it w/ him, and still use his old games. From the moment we got it, it worked half the time. I exchanged it at Wal-Mart, the new one did it. Exchange again. That one did it too. That's four pieces of junk in a row. I'd say v-smile has a great idea with the younger kids video games being educational, but what good does it do if it's not going to work? (I get a screaming kid, who doesn't understand why his game won't work)
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 8:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• we have the vmotion abigail plays it alot as well as the wii with us.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I got a second hand v-smile from a friend of mine who's son out grew it and my son loves it. He's almost 5 and plays with it all the time. I think it's a lot better than just sitting on the couch and watching movies.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 11:41 AM on Feb. 11, 2009