Sciatic Nerve pain

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do for sciatic nerve pain.
This baby seems to sit where it is constantly irritating my sciatic nerve, it is to the point that it hurts so bad that it is hard to walk sometimes.
Any suggestions? Stretches, etc?
Thank you

NewMommyin06

Asked by NewMommyin06 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• :( no... i had that too.. it sucks. sorry i wasnt much help but i hope you find SOMETHING that works for you.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I used to suffer with this too :( I found that sitting in the same position for a while could really set it off so maybe try to move about as much as you can? I also found that stretching my legs right out, like if I was laying in bed or on the sofa, woudl really help it relax. Also a warm bath sometimes helped, hope you feel better x
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Try putting your forearms on the couch while kneeling on your knees and resting your head on your arms. Just kind of let your belly hang and stretch out your muscles then arch your back. rock your hips back and forth, anything that feels good. My MIL just had horrible sciatic problems and that is all she found that would help. Good luck :(
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ive had it REALLLLLLLLLLLY bad too :( i wish i knew the answer too
    kaybullion

Answer by kaybullion at 9:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2009