Is it safe to use Icy hot?

My neck and back hurt so bad I cant sit or lay down. It's a constant throbbing pain. I've tried to relieve it with hot showers and massages, but it doesnt work. Does anyone know if icy hot or something along those lines will be ok to put on while pregnant?

lunamuse89

Asked by lunamuse89 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used some today! lol! It should be fine. It isn't anything that can get into the blood stream.
    mommie_2boys

Answer by mommie_2boys at 5:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• NO it's actually not fine! My Hubby is a massage therapist and he said that you can't use that kind of stuff while pregnant. Especially near your back b/c it soaks into the skin. I don't really know the medical reasons but he's also an EMT and studied pregnancy massage, etc. So.... the safe alternitive is a heating pad on low, that works great!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• get a sock, one of your hubby's. fill it wiht raw rice. microwave it. no water, now. it will heat the rice up adn teh rice will ease the pain while not raising your body temp enough to harm the baby. and you can use it over and over and over...this works. its foolproof. good luck
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009