would this work?

My 7 month old eats pretty much what we eat just mushed up. Like mashe potatoes, green beans, carrots. Tonight i am making meatloaf and mashed potatoes. If i put the meat loaf in the foor processor, would thet make it ground up enough for her to eat? I have never done it before so i am not sure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Has she been exposed to every ingredient in the meat loaf? For example, let's say you put sage in your meat loaf and she ends up being allergic to it. If that's the only thing she hasn't had, then you'll know it was the sage. If there are several things in the meat loaf that she has never had before, then you won't know which thing caused the problem without giving it to her (and risking her life) again.

But yes, you can just puree it and give it to her. If it's too thick, then just add a little water to thin it down for her.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I agree, I would wait. Eggs, meat, and things like that should be held off on until 1 year old, or longer if you have a family history of allergies.

I would just stick to the simple stuff :) But good for you for asking.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 5:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i pureed everything. even meat loaf. if shes already eating pretty much everything, then there shouldnt be anything to worry about.

mash it really good for her... puree it as good as possible.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• btw. our DD started eating all the normal foods when she was around 8-9 months old. not much, but a little bit to get her belly used to it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• would it work, sure. not sure it would agree with her though.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2009