ultra sound showed nothing, but dr said i was hormonaly pregnant

had my first ulta sound , dr saw nothing . he said my uterus was very dark and that i was hormonaly pregnant, i don't understan

xorainbowbryt23

Asked by xorainbowbryt23 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call the office and ask them. tell them you are confused on what that meant and needs someone to clarify it for you.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I girlfriend had that and basically its means everything formed like the sac but no baby, She got pregnant very soon after
    GJCJMomie

Answer by GJCJMomie at 5:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• maybe its to soon to see a baby!
    Anonymous

• you should have asked the doctor when you have been at the office ;))

it either means your body thinks you are pregnant and actually arent or just WAY too soon to see anything on the ultrasound, which i never heard about though. i mean, i never heard about a woman where the doc said she is pregnant but there is no baby to see yet. but everything is possible :D

if you really are pregnant then congratulations to you :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I was 4 weeks pregnant and they said there could be a sac but they didnt see anything really. Get a blood test done. If thatt shows your pregnant, just wait a few more weeks.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• A hormonal pregnancy is when your body thinks it is pregnant and produces pregnancy hormones, but their is no baby. I am surprised he did not explain this to you. Did he schedule another appointment or anything?
    BayouGirlnOK

Answer by BayouGirlnOK at 5:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2009