is this a bad sign?

My baby is 11mths old and i've been trying to teach him to wave hey to people.He'll do it sometimes, but not always.Sould this be reason for concern? Sometimes He'll just smile as I do it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't worry at all! Babies can be real picky about what they do on command. He probably just doesn't want to. If he was behind in ALL his other milestones it might mean something but it isn't as important as some of the other things he will be getting ready to do.
    mommie_2boys

Answer by mommie_2boys at 5:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My daughter was 20 months before she would do it. Like mommie2boys says - she doesn't like to perform on command. Even now, at 2.5 years, she won't wave bye to Daddy in the mornings. Stubbon but not a problem.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Lol, no, nothing to worry about. They wave when they feel like it, and don't when they don't. My dd waved at people around that age, then completely stopped for like 6 months, and is back at it.

Nothing to worry about, AT ALL. But good looking out :)
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 5:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• dont worry about it ;)

our dd did the same. for some people she was waving, for some dont. ;-) depends on her mood. haha

a few months ago she learned how to raise her hand and say "hi". too cute. but she doesnt do that for everybody.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009