Illegals

Why are you so hung up about them being here? Why not give them amnesty? Isn't your biggest problem that they "don't pay taxes"? So why are you so against giving them amnesty? With an amnesty they will "pay taxes", get drivers license, car insurance, and better yet receive health benefits from their jobs. They will also be better paid and they won't "steal" your jobs because they will do it for less. I'm all for an amnesty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wooo me too!!
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 5:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• me toozer!
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 5:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I don't understand why sooo many people don't actually THINK about this situation.

People have been here for years and have had kids-who are citizens.

What do we do? Send the parents back and put all the kids into our crappy system?
    Where do we take them? To the border and say there you go?

Anonymous

• Amnesty will not guarantee they will continue to abide by American laws. Like having jobs that aren't under the table. If they were law abiding citizens to begin with, they would not be here illegally. Do you really believe that 100% of those illegals come here with the intent to live morally, have legal jobs that pay taxes, and pay for their own benefits? What percentage of them do you think run and hop over the border with the intention to get free healthcare and money to send home to Papito?

That' s great you are all for amnesty, I'm all for more gun toting border agents with more freedom to shoot at will.

Anonymous

• Because our nation has limited resources and infrastructure, and our entire immigration policy is written to accommodate that. We do not have room for all the indigent people in the world, and even if we gave immunity to everyone with one foot on american soil today, there would still be more coming in. We do not have room for even 1% of the people in 3rd world countries who need help, and that means a line has to be drawn somewhere. Meanwhile, many illegals do not want citizenship. They are here to send money home to their families with the end goal of eventually moving back home, even if they never actually make it there. They do not want to do the work required to pass a citizenship test, or get a drivers license, or fill out a real job application, because they don't consider themselves Americans. The money they earn here is just a means to an end.
    Anonymous

• Why can't they just do it the legal way and get visas and everything else. I have a problem with illegals coming here and doing illegal activities like murdering and doing criminal activities. If they would come and do it the right way then I have no problem with that. But when you come into MY country illegally and demand that I SPEAK your language then you are WRONG in every way.

You want to come into this country then I think they should FIGHT for this country. Our military will accept almost anyone and they are ones who are quickly given citizenship.
    Anonymous

• yea lets let a bunch of people in our country and legally take the jobs americans des. need right now.... that is the dumbest thing i ever heard.... how about we trade.... you leave the country and we will take one of them...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I'm all for amnesty as well...but only for amnesty for the good people that already DO pay taxes with a Taxpayer Identification Number. I have no respect for illegal immigrants who don't pay taxes.

And don't try to tell me that NONE of them pay taxes, because I know more about illegal immigrants than most people on here could ever hope to know.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You want to come into this country then I think they should FIGHT for this country. Our military will accept almost anyone and they are ones who are quickly given citizenship

Isn't that the same mentality that was done to slaves back in the day??

Nice
    Anonymous

• I don't think an illegal who deals drugs would be any more willing to give up that cash stream than a legal citizen who deals drugs, and the two are closely tied. Go visit El Paso this week...just make sure you wear a kevlar vest.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2009