HELP - her boots stink!

Hi Moms - anyone have a tip for stinky snow boots? My daughter went puddle jumping and got her boots soaked. They are dry now, but totally wreak! The liners are not removable or washable and I don't know what to do to get rid of the horrible odor. I tried baking soda, but it didn't work. I'm ready to toss them - hoping someone knows a good trick! Thanks :)

mnrock

Asked by mnrock at 5:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my son has the stinkiest feet known to man. so i'd spray them wiht lysol. again and again and again. eventually the smell will go away.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Put them in the freezer for several days.. It will freeze and kill bacteria that is causing the odors..
    mommalann

Answer by mommalann at 6:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Throw a couple of dryer sheet in them. also, if your contemplating tossing them, just try washing them in the washer, you'd be surprised how clean they come out. Worst case scenario, you toss them. Alot of boots are waterproof and the feet sweat inside them because their not breathable. They probably need a good wash.
    snaprcat1

Answer by snaprcat1 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2009