I'm 22 years old and i am 2 weeks late i was just wondering if its something i should be worried about or if it could be normal. I took birth control pills for 2 months and then stopped taking them. Could this be a reason I havent gotten my period?

I've taken 3 at home pregnancy tests and 1 at planned parenthood coming back negative. the nurses there didnt seem too concerned. they said to abstain from sex for 2 weeks and come back for another test. I dont have insurance so i cant go to a regular doctor without it costing me alot of money.

leanne902

Asked by leanne902 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when you stop taking your birth control you become very fertile and some times your period doesn't come if you don't start within about a week take a test... or go see your doctor..
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• if you start taking your bc pill then after 2 months you quit again, yes your body/cycle is totally messed up and confused. its very normal to be late or even miss a period then.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ah then no doctor well my first signs of pregnancy was a sensitive nose sore breasts and nausia.. oh boy nausia... lol my cousins house always smell funny to me before i found out and now i know why...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I was on birth control and i have heard that it is possible for your period to be late after you stop taking the birth control. Mine was right on time
    SassyMommyBllck

Answer by SassyMommyBllck at 5:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Birth control is suppose to make your periods a little out of whack when you first stop taking it.
    Anonymous