Went to the doc today and im not dialated yet

Im 38 and 1 day pregnant had my appointment today and im not dialated at all. . does this mean im doomed to wait til my due date or after before my baby gets here?

mandar

Asked by mandar at 6:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Doomed? It just means you have to wait until your baby is ready to be born. I'm not sure why that is doomed though. Dialation has nothing to do with the day labor will start. It could be tomorrow or 4 weeks from now since pregnancy is 38-42 weeks.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• that really has nothing to do with it. I've been at 3 for like a week and a 1/2. you can stay the same for a whiel or you can go from 0 to bein on the way to the hospitol. Just hang in there. your baby will be here. I'm 38 weeks and 2 days and I'm ready but tryin to be patiant.
    Anonymous

• i went to the doc too im 38 and two days and im only i centimeter dilated it kinda of disappointing but being dialted doesnt mean anything with my daughter i dialated overnight so it really doesnt matter if you are or not
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• tht has nothing to do with it. you could be 3cm for weeks or nothing one and then 10mins later starting labor and be having a baby by the end of the night. Be patient baby will come when he or she is ready. congrats and good luck.
    Anonymous

• by the word doomed i dont mean anything bad. . Im just really ready to have my baby. . Ive had a really rough pregnancy. . Thats all i meant. . .Trust me i couldn't be happier to have my baby i just want him soon. .
    mandar

Answer by mandar at 6:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I know the last few weeks are hard, just be patient. I'm 39 weeks and 2 days and not expecting a baby for another 2 weeks, I'm always post dates. It's much better for your baby to stay in as long as they need to be. I had a 39 week baby that ended up in the NICU because he wasn't ready to be born. Good luck!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• be patient. he/she will come eventually..no need to rush.
    Anonymous

• It means nothing. Vaginal Exams can easily give false hope, in the same manner as you fell slight disappointment. You could go into labor tomorrow lol :)

I wouldn't worry. I know the last few weeks are rough but I wouldn't worry about it. You aren't overdue until after 42 weeks so you *could* still have 4 weeks to go.. or only a few days :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2009