Do you still eat candy with peanuts or peanut butter in them?

My mom is sending my kids some candy for valentines and she said that it contains peanuts so I may not want to let them have it. I have been very leery of anything containing peanuts or peanut butter since the major outbreak of salmonella. The only peanut thing I trust right now is my Jif Simply Jif peanut butter since we have yet to get sick from eating it and its not been recalled.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 6:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dont like peanuts or peanut butter, so i dont have to worry... i do love reeses pieces tho....

this is twice for the peanut butter so i think we are going to stay away from it for a while... just to be safe

yay for breastfeeding calliesmommie
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I don't eat anything with peanuts or peanut butter b/c Im breastfeeding....I miss peanut butter. I wouldn't worry about candy though. That recall was for the packaged crackers and peanut butter you get in vending machines.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• There's also been candies recalled. You can find the list at http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/peanutbutterrecall/index.cfm#Candy
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You would think that they would have taken it all off the shelves by know but I wouldn't trust it. I would check the recall list and if the candy is not on it then I would think it is fine.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 6:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I just wasn't sure since they are adding more and more things daily lol. They are up over 1800 products recalled due to the peanut issue. Ugh.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• why cant you eat peanuts if youre breastfeeding?
    Anonymous

• My peanut butter is fine
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I've been eating Reeses PB cups...still have PB and jelly...I'm not worried about it.
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2009