I WORK IN A PEDIATRIC OFFICE

OMG AND IM ALWAYS SICK. IVE BEEN THERE FOR A YEAR AND I HAD FROM EAR INFECTION TO STREP, PINK EYE, FLU ETC, OMG IM SICK MOST OF THE TIME.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2012 in Kids' Health

• Welcome to the wonderful world of healthcare
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• I would ask one of the doctors what you can do to help yourself. I would start with upping your vitamin C intake, for sure. Are you getting enough sleep? Going without sleep can depress your immune system, too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• I worked at Children's Hospital in the ER for years, and never got sick. It's all about taking precautions to keep from getting sick, including taking care of yourself (getting plenty of sleep, proper diet, etc).
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• What Mon-2-3-Girlz said. Also, a probiotic can boost your immune system. I started giving them to my kids last year and they haven't been sick since. I was very happy when we escaped the first colds of the school year.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• And your question is?
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• Start washing your hands more. You might be surprised what a difference that can make.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• SERIOUSLY! WHAT IS UP WITH THE CAPS LOCK? YOU'RE KILLING ME, SMALLS.

Yes, when you work in health care, you are exposed to more things. It sounds like you need to up your precautions. More hand washing, more vitamin C, more sleep, better diet, etc.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 11:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2012

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 28, 2012