Sharp spasms? 15 weeks...

I'm looking for some reassurance please. I'm 15 weeks, and today in the car on the way to work, I felt two strong, sharp spasms on my right side, from mid-belly down to my leg joint. I felt another one on my left side on the way home. The pains were strong, but very quick (not like "cramping"). It's been a very stressful couple of weeks - my 38 year old cousin (also pregnant) was taken off of life support on Sunday AM after a ruptured brain anuerysm and several strokes and a heart attack. I've been trying to deal with the sadness and grief without letting it get me too stressed out, but it's so hard... Do you think the spasms are stress-related? Some thing I need to worry about? (Weird to me that it only happened while I was driving). Has anyone ever felt this? Thank you and sorry for the long question...

lb304

Asked by lb304 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like "Round Ligament Pain" which is completely normal in any pregnancy but especially first time pregnancies. Your muscles are starting to be stretched out even at 15 weeks. I had the same pains right about when you're having them. It especially hurts when you need to cough or sneeze. You should mention it to your doctor but it sounds like Round Ligament Pain.

I'm sorry about your cousin :-(
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• 1-800-IA-HEALTH i know i know its an iowa health thing, but they can give you the best answers to anything and everything, hope they can help, and it could have been your leg was annoyed by driving lol mine gets that way sometimes, i dont think you need to worry, but since you are concerned, call them, and keep the number, they are an excellent resource
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 7:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009