Does anyone have a child that "bonks" their head on anything really while goin to sleep for nap or bedtime?

My son damion has been "bonking" his head on the walls, closet doors or anything he can when he goes down for a nap and bedtime. I have put padding up on his walls all around his room and tried to cover up wall space with as much as i could. I dont know what to do about it. The doctor said that it is normal but my lord does it get frustrating. He will even do it when he wakes up in the middle of the night, no matter what time it is. Has anyone gone through this and had anything that worked? I have done everything i can think of, from rocking him to sleep, covering his walls and backside of his bed, sitting with him till he is asleep and putting a t.v. and vcr in his room. PLEASE! anyone that knows how i feel please anything will help! Thank you for your time and suggestions.

MammaLacey234

Asked by MammaLacey234 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My sisters baby boy did this too. He is now 7 years old and still does it. I went camping with him and shared an air matress with him and my 6 year old and he kept doing it all night long . My sister doesn't know why he does it,
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 6:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Is there anything that she does to deal with it or anything? Damion will do it for sometimes hours.. i have to keep getting up and down somtimes every 2 minutes to layhim back down on his pillow. and he even makes things fall off my shelfs.

MammaLacey234

Answer by MammaLacey234 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If the pediatrician isn't worried I'd just make sure his surroundings are as soft as you can and just let him go. I wouldn't keep going in there though. Just let him work it out.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Too make lite of the circumstances, my older brother used to do the same thing. Only we would ask him why he does it and he would say, because it feels good when i stop! LOL I know u are worried and I am sorry i don't have an answer just thought you might get a giggle out of it!

Love and prayers,
    Pepperann
    pepperannrocks

Answer by pepperannrocks at 9:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Pepperann..... That was pretty cute, thanks for the laugh. and thanks to everyone else that put their input in also!
    MammaLacey234

Answer by MammaLacey234 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think you should tell Damion that you will sing to him if he stops bonking his head and giggle just a bit, each time he does not....Silly boy "what are you doing?" just a thought, because i still sing to my kids, actually I have to put up with them singing to me now. My daughter is good, my husband and son Suck LOL, but i pretend they dont LOL! Oh we do play Xbox guitar hero and i suck too! LMFAO Just for laughs....
    pepperannrocks

Answer by pepperannrocks at 11:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2009