When did you start feeding your baby ceral?And How much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started a little after 6mo.(she was a preemie) and would feed her until she didn't want anymore.(which wasn't too much)
    HannahEsmommy

Answer by HannahEsmommy at 7:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think it depends on if you ore formula feeding or nursing. I Started my Twins a 5 1/2 months and the Doctor told me not to start with our new baby until she was at least 6 months. The Twins were being fed formula by the time they started eating solids and I am able to still nurse since it is only one baby this time. I would ask your Doctor at the next appointment. As far as how much. Honestly most of it will start out all over the place. I would just do one serving at a time.
    wondertwinsmom

Answer by wondertwinsmom at 7:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• About 7 months. I mixed it with some breastmilk and blended peas, apples, peaches, pears, alacadoes, or bananas. i never gave it to her plain or by itself. I generally went through one 8 oz box a month.
    Motherdragon

Answer by Motherdragon at 7:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I started feeding my baby at 4 months. Jonathans pedi told me that he's ready to eat if he's interested in eating. Like if he's watching you eat, trying to take your food, that kind of thing. Its not really supposed to be a meal for awhile though, so keep up with the formula or breastmilk! And have fun! I've had so much fun feeding my baby and he LOVES it! :)
    Jonnysmom2007

Answer by Jonnysmom2007 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

Jonnysmom2007

Answer by Jonnysmom2007 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• mine started at 4 months on doctor's advice...was supposed to help with spitting up. I tried mixing it with breastmilk but baby wasn't interested. finally mixed rice cereal with apple juice and baby loved it.
    sbailey

Answer by sbailey at 9:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The longer you wait to introduce solids the better. Cereal isn't a ness. first food. When you wait longer, you'll find that there are reduced risks of food allergies, lower risk of obesity, and other issues. Here's a link that should help you out more.

http://kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/index.html
    wearingyourbaby

Answer by wearingyourbaby at 11:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Our doctor recommended starting at 4 months. She was showing interest in eating and had doubled her birthweight. She still gets her formula since that has all the nutrients she needs. Don't replace meals with cereal or anything. Use it as a supplement. We do 6oz bottle & about 3Tbs cereal in the morning, a 6oz bottle at lunch and dinner, then 6oz bottle and about 3Tbs of a gerber 1st food before bed. However, be sure to wait about 4 days between new foods to be aware of food allergies and never try to force a food the baby just doesn't like.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• 6 months! tried at 4 mos (cuz i was a sheep and did everything by dr orders) but read its better to start at 6! he was constipated for almost the whole time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I started at 4 months and have regretted it ever since. Six months is a minimum and definitely not cereal. We'll start with avacado and banana next time.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 2:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2008