i would like some moms hounest opions here

When you see a mother with tattoos and peircings walking with her child what do you think? I have both and notice the dirty looks i get from some fanny pack wearin minivan drivin moms out there
But i want people to take me serously, so thats why I ask. On top of that I am young.
Thanks ladies! Be hounest i just wouold like to know what moms really think about a mother like this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I dont' think anything of tattoos. I do think its a bad example if they have everything hanging out. Then you're gonna see me look. Just being honest.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I look. But I don't judge since I have tattoos and had piercings. And I drive a minvan. LOL. I just like tats and like looking at what people get.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I don't think anything of them, they are a human being and that stuff doesn't change who they are and shouldn't be judged by it either.

Anonymous

• I don't think they're any different from mothers who don't have them. You can't judge a book by its cover. I know I'm a good mom and that's all that matters. BTW, I also have tattoos. I always say "don't let me ruin your day because I have tattoos"

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 6:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i have piercings, i took them out when my son was born but i put them back in after 3 months because i missed them :>
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think, Well there is a women with a mind of her own and is not afraid to express herself. It's stupid to think less of someone because they have tattoos. The only time I have an issue is when women dress like they are going to a Maxxim photo shoot while they are playing with their children in the park.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• it doesnt matter how you look like. if you are a good parent is more important. i would never judge a mom because she has tattoos or piercings. much less would i look at them with dirty looks.

being a good parent for your child(ren) is everything i care about.

;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I usually don't think anything. If anything, I think "Oh, she's hardcore." But by no means do I think "Ewww nasty" or anything like that. I tend to run with the alternative crowd myself =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think that its human nature for people to judge and be uncomfortable with things/people that are different. Sad but true. While you were venting and you had a good point you ruined it by refering to "fanny pack wearin minivan drivin moms".

Its not fair to put all "fanny pack wearin minivan drivin moms" into one catagory. I have several fanny packs and drive a mini van lol. My husband has tats on a good portion of his body lol. He is 50 years old and has hair too long and a beard too long for his age according to many.

I bet your a nice upstanding citizen. Some people just cant get past being afraid of things that are different. Its human nature.

Times are changing, people are becoming tolerant at a slow pace. The best thing you can do when you feel your being singled out is kill them with kindess. Smile and wish them a wonderful day. It freaks them out lol :).
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I don't think anything of it. Do realize that you are complaining about people judging you and you just stereotyped the moms that judge you. Maybe you are insecure with it and think people are judging you.
    Anonymous