fathers to their own kids vs guys that are not father's to their girls kids

Ladies is there a difference between men that are married and have kids and guys that are not married but live with their girlfriend and their kid? I ask because my daughter and I moved in with my BF a year ago and he says he loves my daughter very much and he sees her as if its his own. Sometimes he plays with her,watches tv, reads to her. But he doesn't often go out with her or do things with her like fathers do. He has an 18 yr old daughter who is in college but doesn't live with us. And sometimes I feel like he outgrew that father/daughter relationship because he has an older one already that he did things with. but his daughter and him are not really that close. is this a silly feeling? I've talked to him about it and he says no that he loves my daughter and treats her as if she was his.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• your dd is not his. That is the bottom line. I have the same problem. My SO has a son who lives in another state and he has stated to me that it hurts his feelings I don't seem "interested" in his son. I came back with the same thing that he lives with US and he still doesn't ever do anything with my daughter. We are having a baby of our own and I know he will spoil her and fawn all over her because she will be HIS. I have explained to him that he is NOT under any circumstances to ignore my dd even more after the baby is born. I will leave with both girls if he doesn't start showing more interest.

It sucks...I know. Just hope he improves and if he doesn't....give him an ultimatum. Our girls deserve to be fully loved and appreciated. Nothing less.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• some fathers arent like that, if hes not close to his 18 year old daughter then hes probably not the type of father who takes his kids to do father daughter things. maybe ask his daughter is they did things like that when she was younger?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2009