How concerned about this weight loss should i be?

I am 5 months preggers, and have lost almost 30 pounds since i got preggers. When i got pregnant i weighed 165, right now i weigh between 138 and 139, and it just keeps dropping, i do have a history of miscarriage, so im petrified that baby will have a low birth weight, and well, i need advice. my doctors nurse practitioner seemed slightly worried last time i spoke with her, however did not say anything specific. im going to go straight from this question to internet research but some personal words of advice would be nice.

no.1twinmommy

Asked by no.1twinmommy at 7:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• umm less to lose afterward!! lol idk but aslong as baby is healthy
    Anonymous

• Are you eating well, taking vitamins? I have a friend who had serious morning sickness the first few months and lost close to 30. Her baby was perfect and healthy. I lost 13 with my first, 11 with this one...all in 2 months. It was terrible, babies seem to be ok.

There may be a concern.. but if you can still get the baby nutrients and the baby moves around I wouldn't stress unless the doctor tells you to worry, etc.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• as long as the baby gets nutrients you should be okay
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• thank you for your responses, i had horrible morning sickness up until about 2 weeks ago, then it just went away, but i still ate fairly well, i cant stand to take any vitamins, so i make up for it with a lot of juice, even childrens vitamins make me sick :(
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 7:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i lost about 15 pounds when i was pregnant. i didnt gain any weight till i was 9 months and it was all baby weight, i weighed less after i had my son then before i got pregnant, and my son was healthy and weighed 8 pounds 3 oz., your doctor will help you better though, good luck
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 7:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• im just so worried, too many losses, i dont want to bury a baby :( and once again have to explain to my almost 3 year old twins why there is no baby in mommys tummy again and no reall baby again :(
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 7:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• have you tried vitamins at night?? i take mine right before i go to slee. it helps me a lot.. Also the have the vitamins that are chocolates.
    kirasmommy7

Answer by kirasmommy7 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• thanks for the tip, but yea, ive tried them, the chocolates taste so terrible i cant get them down and the smell gets to me before the taste does on the normal vitamins :( so far the only thing i have come up with is either nothings wrong or i have gestational diabetes.
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 11:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2009