Do you think rap music is stupid?

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I'm sure I will. It's not meant to be taken personally! Am I the only one that thinks (most) rap music is dumb? All the songs are about the same things. I don't care how many "b*tches" you did this week, or how much money you have. I guess money can't buy talent, lol. So am I just an old lady that doesn't get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Entertainment

• Yes! Most of it is dumb. Some of it is good but honestly. I'm tired of hearing about their chrome rims, money, grills, their ho's, women's butts...Ugh!
    So un-original. They talk about women in a degrading way too.
    Anonymous

• i dont listen to rap never got into it i listen to r and b tho but mostly country
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• BTW, you're not an old lady..I'm 19 and I hate it. lol
    Anonymous

• Yeah, most of it is dumb, but some of it is alright:)

I like dancing and working out to hip hop!
    Anonymous

• Lol, I'm not really old. I'm only twenty one...I just get told quite a bit that I'm old fashioned and too "conservative." I just don't understand how I can walk into a nightclub and see hundreds of women dancing like they are having the time of their life to a song that refers to them as bitches, whores, hos, and God knows what else. I think most rappers look ridiculous, too! Grills gross me out.
    Anonymous

• Haha, well I AM getting old, 28 so I won't be dancing in "da clubs" anymore:)

But really most of the new rap isn't all that dirty IMO. Now old school Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg or Easy E that was really dirty so maybe I am just desensitized LOL.
    Anonymous

• I like old school rap from the 80's. The rap now a days is all about treating women like crap, having sex with nasty hos and mispronouncing words to make them rhyme with other mispronounced words. Stupid...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I do not like rap or hip-hop, and I'm not that old. LOL But you are right, it is the same junk all over again and I REALLY dislike the language! Rap and hip-hop are 2 things my kids will never be allowed to listen to while living under my roof.
    Anonymous

• I am 38 and I LOVE it! Especially when I go to a club with my husband because I love to dance!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yes some of it is stupid! I am an R&B lover.... Now... I can stomach some of the rap music at times... But if you really listen to the lyrical content... man it's disgusting. Shoot, I'm 29 and sure I listen to it sporadically... if it's on the radio. But stuff like.... do the stanky leg.... is not music... soulja boy... oh come on...nasty. I was all hyped trying to learn that dance until I was told what he was actually saying. I do agree that some of the beats provide good workout music... maybe they should release instumentals!
    youngmomofms

Answer by youngmomofms at 10:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2009