Anybody in the storms path? in MA preferably?

are you ready?
scared?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I am. I'm on the south shore of Boston. School has been cancelled in our town and all the surrounding towns. A evacuation of areas that generally flood has been suggested and our high school has been converted into a shelter.

I loaded up on groceries that I can cook on my gas stovetop, candles and batteries. Cleared all the furniture out of the backyard, filled up the car with gas and moved DD7's plastic basketball hoop into the garage.

I figure with all the prep that everyone's done, this will now be a non-event and we'll be driven crazy with our homebound children tomorrow!

How are you doing?
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 10:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2012

• are you in weymouth by any chance. Because I know scituate and weymouth are using the high schools as shelters. I'm scared! Lol. this is my first time in the south shore during a storm and I heard quincy and weymouth get flooded pretty bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2012

• Stay safe KPB!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2012

• Our friends flew from SoCal to Boston for their annual fall vacation week- I told my husband that I would have changed course and gone to HI instead-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2012

• Also on the South Shore in MA... not scared... Lived here all my life, it's not really a big deal. We always have storm essentials on hand and I put the kids outside toys in. But.. I don't live in a coastal town so we never have flooding issues here. Hang in there... New Englanders have been riding out storms all our lives... be smart and you'll be ok!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2012

• I live near Salem MA. Im not scared, but worried about the power going out for days. I feel really bad for the NY folks. They are getting a lot harder then us. No matter what, this is awful!
    cynthiamarie79

Answer by cynthiamarie79 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Stay safe everyone! Goodluck!
    teeg1

Answer by teeg1 at 2:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Prayers for you and everyone in the path. Please update us on your safety. God bless and hunker down as we say on the Gulf Coast.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Kpb you and Crafty update us as well. Sounds like you got it all covered. Its better to be prepared than otherwise.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Stay safe all of our NE mamas.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2012