Monster Truck Birthday Cake

Hey Ladies I posted this in Food and Drink also but not sure where would be best to post so I am posting it here too.

I am going to be making a monster truck birthday cake for my son's birthday. If anyone out there has made one I would really love to see a pic and what exactly you used for it. Thanks for your help.

lovinmymason

Asked by lovinmymason at 7:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I don't have a pic handy at the moment but I did do a Monster Truck cake for my son's birthday last year. I don't have any experience with actual cake decorating and didn't have time to learn so I stole an idea from a friend. I made just a simple round 2 layer cake (I did yellow cake), frosted it as usual with chocolate frosting. Crushed up some chocolate graham crakers to use as dirt for around the sides of the cake. Then I took the chocolate 'rocks' (I've seen them in the candy isle of WalMart) and piled them around ontop the cake with some more 'dirt' and put a Monster Truck on top. Of course you can leave out the 'rocks' and make the top of the cake look more like the truck course with some beat up hot wheels and such and the Monster Truck perched ontop one. Do't know if that's what you had in mind or not but thought I'd share the idea anyways :)
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lol from your user name I"m guessing that your son's name is Mason, mine too. Hope you don't mind but I may steal the monster cake idea from you. His fav is Bat Man. Unfortunately he's never had the opportunity to see bat man in the arena. I"m going to search for some ideas online now and if I find any good one's I'll let you know.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My word, I just googled monster truck cakes and there are a ton of them. If you haven't tried already, google it and you'll have endless options!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2009