Triangle symbol...

What is the triangle symbol?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only one that I know of is Purple Triangles that I believe some groups were forced to wear in the holocaust to idenitfy themselves. Other than that I don't know!
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 7:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• What triangle symbol, exactly? Do you mean the triquetra?

SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 7:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yes, that one. I seen it on the boat in shrek and I also know someone who got a tattoo of it. What is it?
    Anonymous

• I believe you are refering to the Trinity symbol.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Actually that one was and is a Pagan symbol first. It represents the triple Goddes. Mother maiden and crone
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• The triqueta was a common symbol in both pre-Christian Celtic and Germanic cultures and can be found in various art pieces and artifacts. Its exact symbolism is debated, but as far as Heathen religions go, it is thought to be similar to the valknut, which is a symbol of Odin, and is thought that it might have been a symbol of the Morrigain of the Celts. It was later adopted as a Christian symbol for the Trinity. Contemporary Pagan groups either use the triqueta in the Celtic or Germanic traditions, or as a symbol for the triple Goddess.

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• too funny, watching shriek right now.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• There is also the rainbow triangle, gay unity, and the Alcoholics Anonymous triangle, unity, recovery service.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• actually the Purple Triangle was worn by Jehovah's Witnesses in the Nazi Concentration Camps.

http://www.webster.edu/~woolflm/PurpleTriangle.html

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2009