Ultrasound Question

HI Ladies! When you had the ultrsound where you had to drink ALL the water and hold it in were they able to tell the sex of the baby? I am a little over 13 weeks now and my appt. is MArch 3. ??????? I am excited!!!!! I hope they can tell but I would love your inputs on the subject.

Thanks Ladies.

momehopeful69

Asked by momehopeful69 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow, im 20weeks and my baby is shy, so doc says at my next visit in 2 weeks, we will do a detailed ultrasound (3d) and find out then lol however with my twin boys and my last boy they all showed right away what they were lol no hiding those boy parts lmao we are pretty sure this is a girl because of the shyness :) good luck!
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 7:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• They can generally tell the gender between 18-22 weeks.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 7:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my due date is march 3rd lol and i never had to drink water and hold it so i dont know i know that they told me that i was prego with a boy when i was only 20 weeks and with my daughter at like 26 weeks but i hope you get to find out march 3
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I hope soooo tooooo! =)
    momehopeful69

Answer by momehopeful69 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my doc wasnt able to detect it that early- im 17 wks 5 days and today i went for a u/s and the tech said i "might" be having a boy- not 100% until 2 wks from now- but maybe if ur lucky it will be in the perfect position? good luck - oh and i never drank all the water- believe me 1 glass of water and just hold it and ur bladder will be more than full for the u/s!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• As part of your fluids, drink orange juice. If you cannot drink orange juice try apple or gatorade. It is very high in sugar and gives the baby a sugar rush. Baby will be kicking and wiggling instead of asleep with it's legs crossed. It worked for me both times and for everyone I know who had tried it.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 8:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I will have to try that!
    momehopeful69

Answer by momehopeful69 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 11, 2009