Nipple stimulation

Im at the end of my pregnancy, and im so ready to have this baby. The reason i want to try to induce it myself asap is because my hospital is an hour away and it is starting to snow outside and i dont want to get snowed in. So i was wondering about nipple stimulation. Does it work? Has anyone here tryed it before? how long did it take to work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I tried it when I was preggers in 08 cause I was 40 weeks and ready to tip over!!! It worked for about 2 hours then stop :-(
    Reports say that you have to do it for about 5-6 hours for it to really work but who has that kind of time!!!???

Good luck!!!
    Mommy2life

Answer by Mommy2life at 7:51 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It works, but it takes a long time. You would have to do it for a few hours everyday. It could take a week or more. It is dangerous and I wouldn't recommend it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i tried along with everything else they say to try and nothing worked for me . i was a week late and sceduled to be induced and i just went in to labor. good luck.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 7:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I tried this myself along with lots of other things.Nothing helped. My daughter was a week late and the doctors induced me. I think it will happen when it supposed to. I am sure you ARE ready but maybe it's not the right time :). If/When I have another...I don't even plan on having a doctor induced because I am really convinced it is best when the baby comes naturally.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• with my three pregnancies i had two hospitals that were both over an hour away. and one we drove through a snowstorm through to get to in the dark. keep a cell with you and telephone numbers and address of closer hospitals if emergency. usuallly ambulances come fast for deliveries.
    Anonymous

• It won't work unless you are ready to go into labor. And yes, I have tried it(with an electric pump during my last pregnancy at 41 weeks). I also get nipple stimulation daily since I'm still nursing my older child and since my body is never ready until 41 weeks and a few days, it does nothing but cause strong BH.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i tried it and it didnt work for me and i heard it can cause really bad contractions and can be dangerous cause it makes them come hard and fast and can cause stress on the baby. my doc told me to have sex and that worked....but i was in labor FOREVER
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You can't MAKE your body go into labor. God knows I tried. It will happen when it is time. A normal pregnancy can last 42 weeks. I understand that you are miserable and that you want the baby out, and are concerned about the weather, but it will happen when it is time. Sit back and relax just a little.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It does work but it is very stressful for the baby.
    donismile

Answer by donismile at 9:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009