Help me please...

My daughter has a fractured wrist ( she is 3 years old), she has had a cast on for a week and she just decided to stick a penny inside of her cast. How do I get it out of their? If I can't what harm will it do???

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Pffft, when my brother had a cast on his leg, he was rough on it. When the doctor cut it off, it was full of gravel. While my mom was dying of embarassment the doc laughed and told her not to worry, he'd seem worse in other kids casts....like a dead frog?!
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It won't do any harm. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• the cast isn't supposed to get wet to help her wrist. so assuming it's a plaster cast the penne isn't a concern for the wellbeing of baby's wrist. i wouldn't worry. just tell her the penny is hers when the cast comes off!!
    Anonymous

• it wont do any harm. you are better off just leaveing it go till she gets the cast off.
    tracy210

Answer by tracy210 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I don't think that it will cause any harm to her, but I would call the orthopedic to just make sure.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I agree with coala, call and check. I really think it will be fine, though.

Answer by Bmat at 7:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• phew!! Thank you all soo much.. I just thought that it would do something for some reason? I guess the worst that may happen is her arm may turn green where the penny is at! Thanks again!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It CAN do harm and you need to call her doctor. It can cause pressure, create skin break down and lead to infection.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2009