Why Do People Have to Stare?

My dh has a pretty tall mo-hawk that is black and has red tips. He dresses preppy and doesnt have any tattoos or piercings. When we go out people stare at his hair, maybe I don't mind people looking, but today at the gas station this car with two people backed up and pointed and laughed! Yes people laugh too. It gets on my nerves because I think its rude.

I would never publicly point and laugh at someone! Have people lost all their manners? Should I just not let it bother me?

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 7:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is ok for it to annoy you but don't let it worry you too much. People that are that rediculous don't deserve your time. Be proud of the people you love and feel sorry for idiots.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 8:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I wouldnt let it bother me, your right people dont have any manners anymore
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I don't think that people would stare as much if he dressed like a punk. I would look and laugh internally at a guy with a mohawk that dressed preppy as you described. If this bothers you husband then maybe he should change the hairstyle. If it bothers you then maybe you should toughen up a little. It is rude that people point and laugh, but that is do to immaturity.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Wearing that hairstyle is not for the faint of heart.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Lol yeah he loves it and it doesnt bother him that people stare.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 8:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• A mohawk is something that will attract attention. Mohawk + prep is a bit incongruous!

And yeah, there are people who will be rude. Backing up the car and laughing would qualify. But I bet he just let it roll off his back.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• This is what he typically would wear...say some black pants or lowrise Levi Jeans and a button up shirt with black dress shoes. Things like that.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 8:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Everyone looks at things that are different! There was A boy that made his Hair look like the Statue of Liberty! It must have taken so long. You couldn't help but do a double take! I even Recall Teachers taking about him!! My hair was like Barbie's & 3 feet long I got Stared at & comments!! Now its the same but not as long!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I understand what you mean about people staring. I have a daughter who is very light complexion while im a little darker so when a white person ( dont mean to be racists) see her with me they look at her then at me and they be like she is beautiful is she mixed and I tell them no and they say is she your baby and Im like yes she is my baby and they be like Oh like they are surprised.
    Anonymous

• oh come on. dh dresses out of the ordinary and it's a surprise to the depth of his hair style combined with his clothes!! It's not usual that's all. If people were verbally attacking his kind personality when it's well known to them that he's very decent and kind well that's something to be upset over. I personally love to see someone expressing themselves in that kind of way - it's not hurtful and it brightens my day to see something nice and different!!
    Anonymous