A different P&CE?

For those of you who were around on CM during the last presidential election - what do you think has caused P&CE to be so different from Oct. 2008's P&CE?

Is it just a decrease in members?
Is it that the politically active members have left the site?
Is this election less important to people?
Something else?

Just curious. I'm leaning towards the second option, but I was still shocked when I went to P&CE a few minutes ago and saw the lack of activity. If I'd stayed out of that section for two days this time 4 years ago, I would've come back to maybe a few PAGES worth of posts.

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 11:57 AM on Oct. 29, 2012 in About CafeMom

• I think the more politically active members are in the group Hot Topics. I thought a lot of them were gone but most of them are in that group.

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• I wasn't on this site last election but, I debated a lot about the last election on my old site. Honestly now I'm tired of politics. My ex DH is very active & vocal politically so, I got burned out during our marriage. And, this time I really don't care for either main contender.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• I have no desire to debate. I think most people at this point have made their decision, many have already voted. Just little point in debating when nobody will be swayed.

Answer by missanc at 12:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• We've lost some very active members, changed the whole gibe there.

Carpy left along with some others that were very active there. Iz is right, they've moved to a group forum when they redesigned CM.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• I think it's because politics have become so...polarizing? I'm not sure what word I'm looking for here, but the entire political climate is so insanely different than it was four years ago, I think people are just sick of it.

FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Many of the more . . . hmmm, loud members that participated in PCE during the last election have migrated to groups. If you go to the election group you will find many of them there, and the feel of that group is much like it felt back in 2008 in PCE. I prefer it docile honestly. I joined the election group for a period of time and the level of rhetoric is just mind blowing. It might actually be worse than PCE in 2008. And I see it coming from all sides. Nobody really wants a conversation, they just want to pummel each other with petty arguments and hypocrisy.

But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• In the last election, we had Sarah Palin's quirkiness and the first AA as a major candidate. The housing and financial crises were much more recent, along with hot topics like Gitmo and Afghanistan.

Now, the economy is still bad, the wars are still going on, and the candidates are not 'new'. From what I've seen in the debate groups, there's a much bigger number of moms who don't like either candidate.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• I was active, I just can't bring myself to defend Obama and I certainly won't be voting for Romney, so I just sit back and ponder the situation
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Personally I rarely even click on a question in that section... sick of the bullshit!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• i think most ppl still on Answers have realized how crappy the whole election is...theres no reason to be "for" either guy. we're all choosing 3rd party or the lesser of 2 evils. the loud moms moved to a venue that allows them to be completely one sided to the point of ignorance without having those of us on here pointing out how hypocritical that is.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2012