Cookware that is easy to cook with, clean, dishwasher safe and not a carcinogen like teflon????

I am really worried after reading an article about nonstick teflon and causing cancer.... So.... I guess I am in the market for new pots and pans! I am nervous about stainless steel because I really love how easy nonstick is to clean and through in my dishwasher.... Any nonstick type stuff out there that is safe for my family??? And maybe dishwasher safe???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2012 in Food & Drink

• You may want to look into Wearever's Pure Living Ceramic line of pots they seems nice.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Cast iron.

Or don't live in BS fear and just stick (ha?) with Teflon.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• I don't use non stick (teflon) either. I have Revere Ware for 20 years & it's still in perfect condition.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Scanpan - But it's pricey. I love it and it has a lifetime warranty so once you buy a set, you don't have to buy again

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Copper, but they are expensive. Oh, and not sure if they are dishwasher safe. We used to wash ours in the dishwasher when I was younger. Never had a problem (just discoloring of the copper but that was easily corrected with a copper polish).
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Hoping to spend 200 or less for a decent set of 4-5 pots and pans with lids....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• I've been using my revereware for over 20 years. It's stainless but I've never had a huge issue with it. I have never used nonstick though (due to health concerns way before they actually confirmed it was a risk)

Answer by missanc at 12:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• Cast iron enamel
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• I broke down and caved at a commercial and bought some of those green, ceramic pans. You know the infomercials where you buy one and they will send you one more for free, blah blah blah!! Well I did it cuz I had to see if they were as good as they said, and they are! I love those pans!! Nothing sticks, no teflon, goes right in the dishwasher.... You should look into those.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2012

• I use stainless steel. It heats quickly and conducts heat evenly. They can be a bit pricey, but they're great. If you heat it up properly before adding your food, just add a bit of nonstick spray and you leave your food to cook properly before turning it over, you have no problem with food sticking. Plus, I always put water while it's still hot and remove any stuck pieces with a wooden spoon, it becomes very easy to wash.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2012