when did you start your LO on finger foods , as in gerber puffs, cheerios, those different little treats that are supposed to melt in there mouth? And did they have teeth when you did start them on it?

she 7 months. very advanced for her age but no teethies yet.

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 8:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• teeth dont matter if she can gum things really good then give them to her
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I started my son on them at 5 months he doesnt have teether but my mom said just to watch him and he does just fine with the gerber puffs and my doc said when you are okay with it. Most people will tell you to wait till she gets teeth but if grandma can eat it why cant your little on right?
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 8:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my daughter started when she was 5 months old but she had two teeth already
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Mine just decided that she is ready for finger foods. We had a Ritz cracker over the weekend, one last night, and tonight we had a french fry. If they can gum it then that is okay. I will not pick my LO's food and put it in her mouth. she needs to be ready to pick it up and put it there herself and she is.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• 8 months and no, but he got a tooth 2 weeks later... and he still has only one tooth :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my dd is 7 1/2 mos and iu just started her on the gerber puffs and she loves them!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• whenever u feel its the right time, my son has 7teeth and my mom's still scared of giving him anything to big to chew, i give him lil pieces of chicken or soft boiled veggies n those he love, the bb gerber step 3 seem flavorless for him and he wont eat them but love homemade food n stews
    myJdnbbby

Answer by myJdnbbby at 8:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My daughter did not have teeth until she was almost a year old so she got plenty of solid finger foods before she had teeth. Just keep and eye on her and make sure it is something she can gum without it hurting and that it will dissolve as she tries to eat it.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 8:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• We started finger foods and table foods at 6 months...no teeth.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• mine ds was sitting on my lap about 8 months old or so and grapped a fist ful of chicken off my plate. I wasn't quick enough to get it away from him, but learned that you did not need teeth to eat it. He was on those gerber puffs and crackers about 5 months.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 9:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2009