eatting infant cereal.

is it normal that my 5 month old sucks her finger after i give a bite of her infant cereal.if so how do i break her of this habit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can be normal, but I would pull her hand away after each bite. I gave my LO a spoon to hold onto while I feed her so we are now putting the spoon into our mouth after each bite. It is a lot of fun to start feeding.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my son used to do that. i think its just one of those things that she will grow out of. just pull her hand out of her mouth and keep feeding momma! :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• they say its normal for infants to suck their tumbs or fingers if they are teething or hungry so maybe your bb's telling u its time for food. wat u can start doing is feeding the cereal to bb w a spoon and hopefully the thumb sucking will go away, otherwise give bb a teething ring or a corner of a cloth a lil wet and have bb suck on it. or just call dr if it ets baddd
    myJdnbbby

Answer by myJdnbbby at 8:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think it's because they taste something they like and they are looking for that taste again. If that makes any sense. Just pull the hand away and say "not now".
    Anonymous

• my DS used to do the same thing i would just pull his hand out of his mouth say "no hands" and keep feeding it'll seem tedious but after awhile they get the point.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 9:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2009