Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could he get custody?

My ex has been acting really horribly around our son. I already went to the courts and filed for custody becuase he followed me around all day watching where i was going, calls me threatening me and abunch of other stuff like that. He doesn have a place to live or a job or a license or ANY means of being able to live on his own let alone take care of a baby. He told me he is going to fight me for custody what do you think is the chances of him getting any custody?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (27)
  • its a scare tactic, he has no chance

    Answer by ZaTa at 8:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • Do you have any proof,like witnesses he has followed you or a restraining order?
    Otherwise they may look at it as your just being mean to make yourself look better than you are during court hearings,so watch what you do and do it by the book and legal.
    Second,what proof not hearsay or specualtion do you have he is a bad parent,since no job does not make you bad.
    I work in family law and see this daily and know what to do and not do to best help a client.
    Get a family law attorney to help you out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • if he is threatening you tape the call that right there can be used against him and no he can not get your son if he does not have a stable home or any way to pay for his child so dont worry hon he is trying to scare you

    Answer by nakita72 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • poster here
    I have it on record of this threatening me recorded the phone conversations through verizon wireless. I also have a witness to him following me and it was to a male friends house and he came up to the door and was threatening me and my friend with our son right there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • If you tape him unless in public(or if he leaves a message on your voicemail) and depending on your state you can get in trouble without a court order or his permission.
    Like i said get an attorney,do not turn this into about you or him but what is best for the child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • Have them come to court and get right away notarized statements sooner the better and with that get a restraining order also,which will help you with this legal matter.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • Don't worry about it, he has NO chance!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • Weather he does or not have a chance,is not the point ,she needs to cover all her basis incase,he does have something up his sleeve and she is caught not prepared.
    Being he is the father he does have a chance that is the reality, so she needs to prepare,to tell her to not worry is nice but i'm relaisitic to how things can play out weather your the better parent or not is not always the way it may go so she does need to get ready for a battle.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • Show things like how much has he been active in the childs life from holiday's,medical appointments/care.
    How have you tried to let him be involved,can you prove it ?
    How much support has he provided emotional or financial.
    Has there been abuse and what proof do you have and so on..

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • poster here again
    He was there for a while ontill he cheated on me for the fourth time.
    He doesnt pay child support and never has!
    As for abuse i have my parents who have seen it all(he lived with me and myparents) he always told me i was a slut and stuff like that. He also smokes pot which is another reason i kicked him out and he drinks alot.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.